How you can help!
If you would like more information on how to come and help us in person, please contact us.
Your help is needed to respond to the current crisis.
The mission is being challenged to respond. We were there before Hurricane Mitch in 1998 and responded after, we are there now and plan to be there to respond after. But in order to to respond we need your help.
- 1. In 2018, all 24 of our summer groups had to cancel because of the crisis. 40% of the mission's operating budget comes from groups that come to serve with us and 80% of our project funds come from groups. One of my greatest concerns is the wellbeing of our staff and their ability to provide for their families through this time. Some are saying that because of this crisis the country will could face 50% unemployment. We need your support so we can continue to pay our staff.
- 2. Our staff is working to see what is going to be needed when this over. We know that people are going to need food, medicine, emotional support and list grows. We have a container of food ready to ship when possible and we have second container of supplies ready to ship when possible. We will continue to make other plans for when that time comes.
Ways you can help today:
- 1. First and foremost we need your continued prayers.
- 2. We also need your financial support today.
- 3. Please consider sponsoring a child in Kingdom Kids. Thanks for those of you that currently sponsor a child. The emotional impact on the children cannot be overstated. You can sponsor a child through the mission website.
- 4. SMILES — This year our Smiles project, A Smile for Child at Christmas, is more important than ever. We may not be able to ship in November as we normally do but when we will be able the Smiles will be a greater blessing than ever.
WE NEED YOUR HELP AS WE COMPLETE 2017 AND LOOK FORWARD TO 2018 WITH GREAT ANTICIPATION!
As many looks at their year-end giving they ask are there any specific needs or challenges. And the answer is yes. We can only do what we do with God’s blessings of your continued support. Ways you can help:
- Completion of the building for the church in Pantasma -- $9,500 – we will be opening a new Kingdom Kids location in Pantasma when the building is complete.
- Completion of the building for a congregation in the south part of Jinotega: $7.500
- Funds for shipping of a soup container in January: $10,000 - The soup is free we just must pay for the shipping and distribution. The cost comes out to 3 cents a serving.
- Bibles – we are working on the purchase of additional 10,000 Bibles – total cost is $4.00 per Bible. That cost covers personalize contact information on the front cover of the Bible, printing and shipping to Nicaragua. This printing will also honor Glen Owens who work throughout Latin America.
- We need to reprint 10,000 of the first lesson of World Bible School with personalized contact information- $3,500
- Specific needs for Kingdom Kids Honduras – The School of the Good Samaritan –
- Funds to hire a minister to serve the children, family, and staff – Salary and supplies -$600 a month
- 10 computers for the computer lab - $375 per computer.
- Purchase new textbooks for the 3rd to 6th grade - $6,200
- Support for start-up cost for new P-Kindergarten and Kindergarten classes $4,000
- Sponsors – www.kingdomkidshonduras.com
- $7,200 to finalize the purchase of a van.
- School is out in Nicaragua and Honduras and we begin again in February. Over the next month we must address repair needs of some of our schools and the building in Honduras, $12,000 needed. Also, the beginning of the year brings the need for school supplies. Could you have a school supply drive at your school or congregation? We have a container that will be shipped out of Dallas in January. To purchase some uniforms, school supplies and books for the schools, we need $16,000.
- Children are one of our primary objective and support is needed to hire a full-time psychologist/counselor to work with the children and families in all our different outreach programs: Kingdom Kids, Hijos del Rey, etc. – Salary and supplies --$500
- General contributions: Above are things we can do with your support. But we also need general contribution to the mission as we end this year.
- And most all we need your prayers that we can continue to Share Jesus as We Serve Others…
We are asking your prayerful consideration of these needs and challenges. If you can help. Please send your check to: Misión Para Cristo – 525 N. Park Blvd, Grapevine, TX 76051 or by Pay-pal through our website www.misionparacristo.com and click on How to Help…
Thanks for your continued support and encouragement.